[PATCH 0/8] CaitSith LSM module
flat view
From: casey@schaufler-ca.com (Casey Schaufler)
Date: 2017-10-21 17:18:02
Also in:
lkml
On 10/21/2017 3:59 AM, Tetsuo Handa wrote:
Tetsuo Handa wrote:quoted
John Johansen wrote:quoted
On 05/20/2017 09:59 PM, Tetsuo Handa wrote:quoted
John Johansen wrote:quoted
On 11/22/2016 10:31 PM, Tetsuo Handa wrote:quoted
Tetsuo Handa wrote:quoted
John Johansen wrote:quoted
quoted
In order to minimize the burden of reviewing, this patchset implements only functionality of checking program execution requests (i.e. execve() system call) using pathnames. I'm planning to add other functionalities after this version got included into mainline. You can find how future versions of CaitSith will look like at http://caitsith.osdn.jp/ .Thanks I've started working my way through this, but it is going to take me a while.Thank you for your time.May I hear the status? Is there something I can do other than waiting?progressing very slowly, I have some time over the next few days as its a long weekend here in the US some hopefully I can finish this upMay I hear the status again?Yes, sorry. I just haven't had time too look at it recently. I am sorry that it has been so long. I am just going to have to book a day off and do it. I'll see if I can't get a day next week (getting late but I can try or the following)No problem. ;-) I assume reviewing a new module takes at least one year. Thank you for remembering.I'm still fighting with OOM killer related problems at MM subsystem. ;-) As one year elapsed since I proposed CaitSith for upstream, I'd like to hear the status again. I looked at http://schd.ws/hosted_files/lss2017/8b/201709-LinuxSecuritySummit-Stacking.pdf . How is ETA for Security Module Stacking? Is it a half year or so?
Assuming that I can keep working on stacking at my current level, and that we can work out a couple issues with audit and networking there is a possibility we're looking at mid 2018 for stacking. The increased interest in security module namespaces for containers is helping make stacking seem important to more people.
If it is likely take longer, should I resume proposing CaitSith for now as one of "Minor modules" except security_module_enable() check added until Security Module Stacking work completes? Or should I wait for completion of stacking work? I want to know it, for recent proposals are rather staying silent.
I wouldn't wait if it was my project, but I have been known to be more aggressive than is good for me from time to time.
Regards.
-- To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-security-module" in the body of a message to majordomo at vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html